Earlier this week I was looking through things, and came across a reed hook! Obviously this one didn't end up leaving with my floor looms; and it was exactly what I need for my Structo!
I also needed a tray or container of some kind to keep weaving things close to the loom - the reed hook, shuttles and bobbins (when I have some), etc. I looked at several local stores, and finally found what I needed in my barn. This was a broken baby chick feeding tray. I did cut plastic hinges and nubs off the edges, and it fits perfectly!
I found some more small looms when I was looking for that reed hook, too. I have two Weave-It (Weavette) looms, and a book of patterns for them.
I also have this - a reproduction of an 18th century tape loom, which functions in a manner similar to an inkle loom. This was made (not by me) from plans in a old issue of "Early American Life" magazine.
Yesterday I picked up a gallon of Evapo-rust to see what I could do about the Structo loom reeds.
Here is the "before" shot of the two reeds.
Mid-point - after about 3 hours:
After soaking overnight. Top one is from the older loom (est. 1940), bottom one is from the newer one (est. 1973).
Edge of the older reed. The top bar is not rust, it's old glue. This is a 15-dent reed (15 slots per inch), 20 inches wide.
This is the newer reed, same 15-dent, 20 inches wide. Some discoloration is still present, but the rust is gone.
And this is the progress on my inkle loom. I've done about 9-1/2" of this band, and this picture shows my new Thomas Creations inkle shuttle in use. Love it! This one is walnut, and I'm already thinking of buying another one.